Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Last 48

I can't believe I'm writing a post about my last 48 hours in South Africa. I've known since last Sunday that this was my last week here, but it never felt real. Six days later I have my suitcases (mostly) packed, a pile of clothes to donate, and a bunch of miscellaneous items lying around because I have no clue what to do with them. Not to mention the huge pile of dishes that need my attention before I book it out of here.

It's completely surreal that I'm starting to do things for the last time. Today I watched my last movie in the Pulp Cinema: Elysium, ironically a movie with a terribly-done South African accent in it. I ate at Mochachos for the last time. Tonight I'll have my last cosmopolitan at Julian's (they truly do have the best in Stellenbosch), and listen to a band at Boho for the last time. It took me hours to laundry at Concordia for the last time this morning. To be completely honest with myself, today was my last full day in Stellenbosch.

Tomorrow we'll leave in the early afternoon to figure out the metro to the airport so we can pick up our one-day rental car, then head to GrandWest for the DMB concert. After that, I have one last night in my bed and before I know it I'll be on my way back to the airport for the last time. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment