Saturday, August 31, 2013

International Food Evening

Wednesday night, ISOS hosted an international food evening. It started at 6p and you could buy tickets to sample food from the different countries' booths. I was part of USA-1 (there were 2 USA booths). I didn't make food because I thought I would be in Cape Town all day Wednesday, so I volunteered to decorate the booth. But, our group made chocolate cake and apple pie. Surprisingly, everyone loved the cake more than the apple pie. I think we had 8 or so apple pies and ran out by 7pm, so I think everyone enjoyed it :)

I only had time to sample France (grilled cheese with ham) and China (lo mein and veggie roll) before I had to start helping at the table because there was a big line. We were really excited for Chinese, Mexican, and Italian because we miss them the most. Unfortunately, there was no Italian table, so we were super excited for Mexican. We expected queso or tacos, but then we saw that our German friends were running the table. It was disappointing but still pretty funny. They had beans and rice and tequila and even wore ponchos and mustaches.

At the end of the night, Australia had the most redeemed meal tickets and won. Our table was still pretty awesome and everyone worked really hard. Good job to everyone who participated and Congrats, Australia, China, and Mexico on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! :)

Team USA! :)


Team "Mexico"





Vici approves! 





No comments:

Post a Comment